nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle

Lifting the White Veil: An Exploration of White American Culture in a Multiracial Context - Jeff Hitchcock An excellent look at what it means to be "white" in our culture. The premise of this book is that we will never be able to have racial dialogue or healing unless whites begin to understand their own heritage and culture. Hitchcock makes a case that discussion of "white culture" is not socially acceptable, not least among whites (who do not see ourselves as having a distinct culture). Written by a white guy for white people, this book is respectful, hopeful, and helpful. Recommended for anyone of any race, working towards better racial dialogue.