nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament - This is not the kind of book I read from cover but rather reference as I come across a passage that I need some help with. That being said, the parts that I have read so far are fantastic! Often times people come across an Old Testament passage in one of the Gospels or an epistle and think that Jesus or Paul are merely "proof texting" (ripping something out of context and hijacking the words to bolster their argument), but commentary is helpful for realizing that it's not that simple. There is, more often than not, much more going on below the surface. This is an area of study that has fascinated me for a long time and this commentary is a wealth of help in navigating the topic.