nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Phoenix And Turtle - William Shakespeare Interesting. I had never even heard of this poem until tonight. It wasn't in any of the works of Shakespeare that I own. To be honest, I thought The Bard only wrote sonnets and plays, so when I discovered that there were some other works of poetry I was intrigued. Unfortunately, The Phoenix and the Turtle is like the "American Pie" of Elizabethan England--so coded it's difficult to tell what in the heck is being said. I read it twice, but twice is not enough. I need to study this further in hopes of getting more out of it. I would love to rate it higher, but as of yet I have no idea what it means other than a Phoenix and a turtle(dove) fall in love and die. Feel free to clue me in, people.