nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry

The Faith Of Jesus Christ

The Faith of Jesus Christ: The Narrative Substructure of Galatians 3:1-4:11 (The Biblical Resource Series) - Richard B. Hays Insightful. Tedious. Helpful. Frustrating.
Hays makes a compelling case for he subjective genative use of pistis tou Iesou Christou in Galatians (the faith of Jesus Christ) as opposed to the objective genative (faith in Jesus Christ). I found his work with narrative analysis interesting, which is good since he spent a lot of time on it. I am glad that he incorporated an appendix in this second edition and that he clarified he issues at stake.

However, I must say this book is not for everyone. I struggled through the first hundred pages or so and was often frustrated that his supporting quotes were often in French or German and left untranslated. He also cites passages of the NT in Greek (luckily I knew enough to get by). As someone else had pointed out, it was written as a doctoral thesis and it still reads like one. I was hoping that the fact that it has become so popular would warrent translations in the footnotes but alas it hasn't yet.