nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Thirteenth Tale - Jill Tanner, Bianca Amato, Diane Setterfield When I first saw this book in the stores the description intrigued me. Lost stories. Mysteries. It had the trappings of a classic novel, something like Great Expections (which I must admit I found tedious in High School, yet which I have been haunted by ever since), but The Thirteenth Tale did not suffer from copy cat preteniousness. This book had the quality of the classics, only it did not get bogged down in descriptive details. Setterfield spins a yarn that keeps you constantly intrigued, trying to read between the lines and guess the mystery before her heroine. This is a story that will stay with you for some time in that haunting sort of way. Some books are a good read, but I consider this a reread.