nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
Starlight and Time: Solving the Puzzle of Distant Starlight in a Young Universe - Russell Humphreys I found the scientific theories proposed in this book intriguing. Humphreys basic premise is that the so called "Copernican Principle" is unwarrented by science, meaning that it is pure conjecture that the universe has no bounds. Once he substitutes a bounded universe into Einstein's theory of General Relativity, he demonstrates (and I mean mathmatically...Appendix C is way too technical for all but astrophysists) that the universe was once inside a "white hole". Based on the physics of Gravitational Time Dialation, Humphreys believes that star light from galaxies billions of light years away could reach Earth in a literal 6 day creation.
While I found his science interesting, his biblical exegesis was a bit flaky at points. Humphreys himself is not a biblical scholar and his constant reference to various study Bibles and lexicons for word meanings hampers his credibility in this department.