nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
Making Room: Recovering Hospitality as a Christian Tradition - Christine D. Pohl High quality work from one of my favorite professors! Dr. Pohl's mission in this book is to help recover the idea and language of hospitality in the Church today. She reveals that hospitality is less about entertaining people and more about "making room" in ourselves for others. It is "simply love in action." She begins by laying the Biblical and historical foundations for her argument before moving on to her own considerations, filled with examples from her own experience, conversations with others, and scholarly research.
In a time when people are busier than ever and make little time and space for other people within their chaotic lives, this book is a good reminder that Christ calls us much more. Making Room is essential reading for anyone in ministry at any level.