nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry
Corrie Ten Boom's Prison Letters - Corrie ten Boom Recently, I have discovered a new favorite genre--letters. I haven't read nearly enough books of this nature to give a definitive answer, but I greatly enjoyed this short collection. Years ago I read The Hiding Place. Last year I met a lady that was Corrie ten Boom's personal assistant when she was touring and speaking. The lady told several stories about Corrie which made me want to read this. Now I want to reread The Hiding Place and see the connections. This book would make a nice partner to the other, and it is a definite reminder of how difficult times were. It makes me grateful for the liberty we have, but it is also an encouragement/conviction to see how these two sisters praised God and grew in faith in the midst of adversity.