nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle

Spiritual Preparation for Christian Leadership.

Spiritual Preparation for Christian Leadership - E. Glenn Hinson I really struggle with how to rate this book. There were some helpful ideas and some stories that I have never heard before in certain chapters. Other chapters didn't seem to add anything to my knowledge--he said good things but I had heard them elsewhere. And then there were some annoyances, such as his refusal to use pronouns for God in order to avoid "gendering" Him. I'm sorry but Jesus revealed God as Father. Using constant wording like "God's efforts to communicate Godself"(106) gets tedious. Similarly, he (or maybe I should say Hinson to avoid gendering) constantly inserts "[or her], [person], etc" into what other author's have written in order to make the material gender inclusive. At some points this became very distracting to the point that I had to reread the paragraph as couple of times to get what he was saying. Still, the good outweighed the bad and it was a decent book.