nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry

Don't Send a Resume: And Other Contrarian Rules to Help Land a Great Job

Don't Send a Resume: And Other Contrarian Rules to Help Land a Great Job - Jeffrey J. Fox Fox has many helpful tips in this small volume. Some of them I had read in other books of this nature and others I had not. There was enough original material here to make me glad that I was reading it. Plus, he offers examples of what he means by a: resu-letter, boomerang letter, and a pre-call planner. He coaches his readers on how to navigate trick questions that interviewers design to test an interviewer in thinking on your feet or handling stress. After he says, "these interviews are stupid," he gives seven possible ways to answer these yo-yos. As someone who is going through the job searching/interviewing process at the moment, I found this book to have many helpful suggestions and tips.