nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Poisonwood Bible (Oprah's Book Club) - Barbara Kingsolver Upon the recommendation of my wife and several friends, I read this book skeptically at first. But I ended up really enjoying it. It gave me a view into Congolese politics and Western thought about Africa. I do have one problem with this book however. Though it depicts the way many good intentioned Western missionaries have opperated over the years, it fails to mention anything good that has come from Christians. The best way to read this book may be to see it as a view from outside Christian missions looking in on some of its errors.
Though it is fiction, Mrs. Kingsolver provides a bibliography of some of her research. The result is fictional characters in a historical setting. It gave me a greater heart for Africa.