nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry
Justification: God's Plan & Paul's Vision - N.T. Wright While reading Wright's book What St. Paul Really Said, I thought I understood where he was coming from in terms of "justification" and it's implications. This book proved to me that I did not fully understand his understanding of covenant community and the marks of those in that community and how this tied into works. I found this book to be very enjoyable and informative, pushing me time and again to go back to the Scriptures to read with fresh eyes. The title constitutes a double entendre in which Wright attempts to justify himself after being challenged (attacked?) by John Piper on Wright's teaching on the doctrine of the same name. The first half of the book introduces the topic and some preliminary thoughts, then the second half of the book is dedicated to exegesis covering Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Corinthians, and finally Romans. Though I am not finished looking into this topic for myself, I would highly recommend it for anyone interested in Justification issues or Pauline writings in general.