nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling This book was a mixed bag for me. I found it thoroughly engaging (a real page turner), but I wouldn't consider it great literature. The situations and environments pull you in. So do the relationships between characters. It was fun, but I'm not really sure what the message of the book was. For Christians looking to rationalize reading Harry Potter: This is no Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings. I would even say that I would be careful of allowing young people to read this series, as it does glamorize magic in an accessible sort of way that Lewis, Tolkien, or even L. Frank Baum steer clear of. With that disclaimer--I am going to press onward in the series before I have any further opinions.