nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry
Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America - Michael O. Emerson, Christian Smith This book was eye opening to the problems surrounding race relations and the evangelical churches in the US. In this way the book was excellent and is a helpful tool...yet it was a downer, offering little or no solutions on how to solve the problem. My frame of mind reading this book was often like this: Oh I see that's really bad and these authors are suggesting that this is the problem, so we should do this...oh they say research suggests this doesn't work. First you have to do this before this will work. The first thing its possible unless you do the second thing, but the second thing isn't possible either. ??? The subtitle states it all: The Problem of Race in America. And that's my PROBLEM with this book--it offers no solutions and little hope.