nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle, Anne Perry
Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln: 21 Powerful Secrets of History's Greatest Speakers - James C. Humes Where was this book when I took my public speaking course in college? Not only is it extremely helpful at providing pointers for any type of speaking, it is also engaging and often hilarious. I learned secrets for speaking, but, as a consequence, I learned leadership secrets as well. Humes caulks this little book full of anecdotes from Churchill, Reagan, Lincoln, Franklin, and the list goes on. Thanks to many of the stories Humes presents and the fascinating way he tells them I now have a strong desire to read biographies, especially from American history. If you are in any sort of leadership role, from a manager of a shoe store to pastor or CEO, read this book! If you are person who is looking for the skills to become a leader, read this book!

If, however, you are content with spouting off banal drivel and inanities, wanting to fade into the dull roar of pedestrian public discourse, forget about reading this book. You will end up like Edward Everett. "Who's that?" you ask. He's the man who delivered a two hour oration just before Lincoln gave his two minute long speech--the Gettysburg Address.