nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church - N.T. Wright When I read Evil and the Justice of God, I had a lot of questions on how Wright arrived at some of his beliefs. Many of those questions were answered in this helpful book. Wright takes a look at the Biblical evidence for the after-life (or as he puts it "life after life after death"), revealing that many popular--even in the church--beliefs are not, in fact, Biblical. Instead, he presents the Biblical evidence and pushes forward into its implications for today and the future. While I'm not quite sure how I feel about certain of his inferences (debt forgiveness for example), I do appreciate the fact that Wright draws conclusions for how Christians should think and act in their personal lives and in the worship and service of the Church.