nickjones

Progress: 244/331 pages
House of Leaves
Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: 50/662 pages
The Hound of the Baskervilles (with Illustrations by Sidney Paget)
Sidney Paget, Arthur Conan Doyle
N.T. Wright
Progress: 69 %
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Red Pony - John Steinbeck, John Seelye When I picked this one up I had no idea of what it was about...except perhaps that it involved a red pony. Now that I have finished it, I am still not entirely sure that I understand on a cognitive level what it was about in total. It is the kind of book that demands to be reread. There is a lot of emotion in these pages--a lot of feelings that welled up inside of me as I read it: sadness, anger, disappointment, longing, hope, and a desire for open spaces, far off mountains and the smell of wild sage. While the chapters in this novella are related, there is a loose fitting quality to them that almost makes me think of a short story collection. I must say, Steinbeck has me intrigued.